Friday, January 29, 2010

CHDK for Canon SX10 IS Camera

It's been near year since first CHDK version released for Canon Powershop SX10 IS camera. I don't think even 20% of Canon SX10 users use CHDK with their cameras. Even I haven't used it yet. But I think we should test it because it provides some extra features to get more out of your Canon Powershot SX10 IS camera. I think it's time to use this great firmware. what I want to test are,
  • Save images in RAW format - I want to see if RAW farmat gives you a better quality that default JPEG format of SX10 IS camera.
  •  Battery Indicator - This is something Canon should had built into the camera. You wouldn't know untill batteries are nearly dead since the camera has no indicator on its own. CHDK let you use this great  Battery Indicator Feature.
  • Exposure times as long as 65 seconds - CHDK  lets the exposure time to be unlimited ! 
  • Exposure times as little as 1/10,000 of a second - I want to see if this work as they say.
There are other bunch of features too,

  • ability to use the USB port for a remote trigger input.
  • Ability to run "Scripts" to automate the camera.
  • Zebra mode (blinking highlights and shadows to show over/under exposed areas).
  • A depth-of-field (DOF)-calculator.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment