Sunday, December 14, 2014

Canon SX60 Pros and Cons


Canon SX60 HS Camera

Canon SX60 HS is the latest and long waiting successor of Canon SX50 camera. It's been six years since Canon released Canon SX10 IS which is the first model in their successful Bridge camera line. I have had a great time with my SX10 and now it's in old age where it start having trouble preforming like it used to be. It's time for me to move to another newer model because I'm sure my beloved SX10 is in it's death bed. It's still work but having hard time with telephoto lens functions.

Anyway I need a new camera and this SX60 is one of the best choices I have. So here I thought about trying to figure Canon SX60 Pros and Cons. First things I love about this super zoom camera, I'm not a big camera guru and I don't want put this camera under microscope. I want to talk about it the way and how these we average camera users understand camera stuff. Just simple point to point pros and cons.

Optical zoom is always the high point of bridge cameras and SX60 has a 65x optical zoom which makes Canon is the leader in Bridge camera market. 66x means it's like 1365mm telephoto lens. I don't think there are such huge lenses available in market and if you have to custom build one like this will cost you at least $15,000. Okey now difference between a Bridge camera lens and real interchangeable lens is like sky and earth but still you can take great telephoto shots unlike any other point and shoot camera models.

SX60 can do Raw capture and one feature it become close to a entry level DSLR camera. This camera is great for someone who looking for DSLR camera to learn photography basics. It has almost all manual setting you expect from a entry level DSLR.

There's one thing you have to keep in mind. If you are going to do full 65x shots then you need a tripod. You don't able to do sharp photos hand held. You can find plenty of cheap but good Tripods at Amazon and get one under $50, a solid one. ( Search Here)

Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC let you save images and videos into other devices and this can be a great help when you want to post photos into social media or cover a Event like a wedding or party.

This has a 16.1 megapixel 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor unlike the 12 megapixel sensor Canon SX50 has. This is  not something I care much about since I don't want to make huge photo prints. resolution important if you want to print your photos in big format like those huge advertising banners. 

Video Capture Resolution is pretty much same like in SX50 except for  1920 x 1080 (60p, 30p) while SX50 does 1920 x 1080 (24 fps). Anyway to get max out buy a fastest SDHC card in market. Right now class10 SDHC cards are the fastest and also make sure to buy from a Reputed brand like SanDisk Ultra, Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 etc. You can buy these 2 models for less than $15 from Amazon with free shipping and also these are the best sellers.

I think only Con I can think about this camera is the price. $500 is high price for an point and shoot camera. But SX60 is beyond point and shoots cameras level when it comes to quality and features. Another thing is Canon Still hasn't moved to touch screen option. But it don't take it as something must have since these touch screens start giving problems after couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment